BIOS Installed yet claiming its not?

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
jmchapel
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have an old MSI K8T NEO 2 motherboard, worked for years, but stripped it and haven't used it in about 4 months. Trying to get it to work again, but when I boot it up it says "BIOS is not installed!". I assume this is an error because it would just bring up a cursor if it really wasn't installed. I am relatively new to BIOS slang and configuration, but this is what happens. It boots up and says BIOS is not installed, then it brings up, "Press F-10 to access Gigabit Boot Agent", then if I don't press anything it brings up "Boot Error-Insert Diskette in A:". I downloaded amiflash and drdflash, put them both seperately onto two different floppys with DOS boot sequence and the latest version of the BIOS for my motherboard onto the floppy. While I am in DOS I run the BIOS exe file from the MSI website. It brings up, "AMI FLASH programming Utility For DOS Ver.7.00.15" and gives me a bunch of options:

<COMMAND>
?:Help
-B:Disable Boot Block Programming
-N:Disable NVRAM Block Programming
S:To save Flash ROM data into file AND quit.

It continues a little longer, but not sure its that relevant seeing as when I attempt input these commands "A:/> L" nothing happens, it says bad command or file name. If I try to run the AMIFLASH after I unzipped it to the floppy it says my System BIOS does not have Flash Support.

I chose to flash the BIOS because I am not able to instal an OS to any of my drives, it says boot failure on both my Vista and Windows 7 disks and goes straight to disk A. Any ideas on how to 1.) flash/reinstal/whatever to the BIOS 2.) skip the BIOS step to instal an operating system. Like I said the computer worked fine 3-4 months ago and now this BIOS problem. Any help is appreciated, if you need more info let me know. Thanks

Mike
Denniss
BIOS Guru

I assume your board is the K8T Neo2 FIR with an add-on Promise Controller, supporting one PATA and two SATA ports. If nothing is connected to these ports you'll get the Bios message.
Pease connect all drives to the motherboard controller ports, attaching them to the Promise controllermay not work (especially optical drives won't work there). If you use SATA drives you have to force them into SATA1-mode (AKA SATA-150) or the board won't even detect them (bug in the motherboard controller, Promise might be affected too).

Please do not try to update Bios, especially if you're a beginner in this.