BIOS Problems

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
Morbazon
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello there, I know this must make me sound like a total noob but my computer broke recently so my friend reformatted it and what not so he installed something AFUK10N78FullHD-hSLI_1.10 I presume this is a BIOS thing, ever since it loads my OS which is XP 32 bit but it wont load some programs like AutoDesk 3ds 2009 it loads the window and everything in it but when it trys to load the scenes it shuts the program down, also DarkBasic Professional it loads it and you can write code but when you try and check syntax/make Exe it shuts down like it does with 3DS, Any Suggestions would be a world of help.

My Motherboard is a Asrock K10N78FullHD-hSLI R2.0
If there is anything else you need to know ask me ^^

Thanks Kris
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

I don't think a bios update would cause your 3D stuff not to work, I think the reinstall wasn't done 100% properly.

What video card are you using, are you sure the software was reinstalled as well, are you using a legal copy, did you check the autodesk website for any updates and so on and so forth.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Morbazon

My graphics setup is a SLi Hybrid 8200GT with a 9500GT in the PCI-e Slot, in the BIOS settings I have set SLi Hybrid to be set at 512MB shared from my 4GB DDR2 RAM with the 1GB 9500GT, So do you think its a simple issue of reinstalling my graphics drivers ? I have been on the Nvidia website and installed the lastest 9500GT drivers for it.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Or reinstalling the software.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
cp
BIOS Guru

what about vga cooling and/or current rating of the power supply? did you check those already? sounds like the vgas stop working under heavy load.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
Morbazon

VGA cooling lol im know alittle about computers but you have lost me there lol. My computer runs fine under Game Pressure like if im playing counterstrike on full its total fine with that, how can I fix this problem lol ?