BIOS Update to Epox EP-8K9A

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
quimls
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hey there,

is there anyone that could help me to get a BIOS update to my epox ep-8k9a?
I am having big trouble with my computer,and i am sure thats also something to do with my mobo.I realise that it never been updated!!
And i can see that epox doesn´t exist anylonger,and is no site or any online suport.
Please help me with that!!
Thank you
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

There may be other reasons why your board is not working properly. What is the exact issue you are having?

Anyway, can you reply with the

**/**/****-KT400-8235-6A6L*PA*C

string, shown on startup? This way we can see what version of the bios you have now.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
quimls

edwin wrote:There may be other reasons why your board is not working properly. What is the exact issue you are having?

Anyway, can you reply with the

**/**/****-KT400-8235-6A6L*PA*C

string, shown on startup? This way we can see what version of the bios you have now.
Hi Edwin,

thanks a lot for your reply!
I am just contacting now because i just had a double shift at work.

First you were about other causes of the problems;RAM.I tested it and luckely solved the problem changing one of the modules.

Still having problemas,but mustly with a corrupted windows xp installed in a slave HD (or maybe even corrupted HD),and in my master HD internet explorer is making me mad!

But beside all this i still would like to update the motherboard!If i understood what you asked me,is a date that shows on that string at startup.If is that the date is 07/23/2003.
It should need an update,don´t you think soo?
Thanks again for your help and time.
Best regards
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

I have attached the last bios they ever released. I don't think it will solve your Internet explorer problems, for that you better check your system for malware with something like malwarebytes.org and other than that, did you ever try Firefox?
Attachments
8k9a4813.zip
13-aug-2004 bios
(216.04 KiB) Downloaded 562 times
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

quimls

Hi again,

SUPER!!Thanks a lot!!

I haven´t runned it yet,but i´ll do it straight after this post.
I´ll let you know how it went.

About the internet explorer,i agree with you,i don´t thing this update will solve anything about the trouble i´m having.
I was just considering to try another engine,like GoogleChrome.You recomend Firefox?I´ll give it a try then.

Thanks again for your interest and time!!
My very best regards.
quimls

Hi,

here i am again with more questions!
I don´t want to be anoying,but the truth is that i don´t know much of software,and i really don´t want to mess things up! :oops:

I haven´t runned the motherboard update yet,because i am not soo sure about how to do that.I explain;
i unzipped the file you sended me,and is a bin file.Before i came here with more doubts,i checked a bit around,but still i would like to be sure that i do everything right.

I have seen recomendations to use Daemon Tools or PowerISO to burn the filo into a cd,and ISO Buster to get the file directly to the HD.

So if i use the 2 first programs,i´ll have to run the update from the cd,right?
And the other option (ISO Buster),i will be able to run it from the saved file on my HD.

Is that right?In your opinion,wich is the best option?
Thanks again!!!!
Have a great weekend!!

p.s.-by the way,i am trying Firefox and i like it a lot.Beside is running better that IE!Thanks for the tip!!
quimls

I´m sorry Edwin,i know that can seam anoying and waste of time replying to soo basic questions....

As i´ve said,i am very unexperieced with software (medium with hardware),but wanting to learn from who knows of the subject.

If you would be soo kind just to tell me how to convert and run the file you sended me,i will be very greatful.

Best regards
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

unzip the file to a .bin file.

then you need to have a DOS-bootable floppy disk or CD with this .bin file and the bios flash utility.
http://www.bootdisk.com/flash.htm
for instructions.

use this flash utility:
http://bios.rom.by/ROMutils/Award/awdflash/awd833.exe

instructions:
http://www.lejabeach.com/Guide/awardbios.html

If you need more help, let us know.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything