Is my BIOS version corect ?

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
U2foreverU2
New visitors - please read the rules.

This week I updated my BIOS.
At startup I see AMI version 1017.002 (latest version) for my Asus A8V Deluxe.
Also Everest recognize this version. Build date 14/11/2005
But why when I enter in BIOS setup I see build date 14/11/2005 but version 08.09 or something like that ????
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (Venice) - Socket 939 - 2 x 1024 MB TWINMOS PC3200 (CL3) DDR-DIMM - Motherboard Asus A8V Deluxe - Video Card Saphire Radeon 9250
Denniss
BIOS Guru

8.09 is the internal AMI Core Bios version, important for you is the Asus Bios version, in this case the 1017 Beta 002.
KURIAKI

U2foreverU2 wrote:This week I updated my BIOS.
Curious, very curious...
I have a 1018 BETA 001 release, but it can be found in one Asus FTP only.
ftp://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock ... 18-001.zip
The other FTP sites shows 1017.002 as the latest release.
More than 100,000 BIOS strings in my database just now!
http:/ /www.kuriaki.has.it/
http:/ /www.supportbios.info
------------------------------------------
Saludos desde Cancun, Mexico
KURIAKI
U2foreverU2
New visitors - please read the rules.

KURIAKI wrote:
U2foreverU2 wrote:This week I updated my BIOS.
Curious, very curious...
I have a 1018 BETA 001 release, but it can be found in one Asus FTP only.
ftp://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock ... 18-001.zip
The other FTP sites shows 1017.002 as the latest release.
Yeah......I have this BETA version I realize now. I Thought I had the final version 1017.
Anyway since I put a new PSU (old one was burned out!) and bios update I only have problems and untill now I haven't found any solutions. Read this if you are interested:
I have an AThlon 64 3500+ (ca. 2.2 Ghz) Revision DH-E3. Processor Core: Venice (socket 939). 4 x 512 MB DDR-SDRAM (manufacturer : S3+) PC3200. Video Card : RADEON 9250 (RV280)
Mobo Asus A8V Deluxe. Bios (latest) Update version 1017.002 (14/11/05).
Lately I have changed my PSU (now it's 500W) because due to some fall out (of electricty) in the house the old one was burned.
After installing the new PSU sometimes I got some message after boot: "System Failed Due to CPU overclocking". But I haven't ever overclocked. I had never changed before any settings in my Bios. I updated my Bios with the latest version, but still sometimes my PC won't boot up. The CPU fan and PSU fan are working, the LED light is green (on the left of the front board) and another light red (on the right). But now screen. Sometimes by turning on and off I can manage to enter into the BIOS screen. The I load the DEFAULT settings and then I can work !. If I do a re-boot fm Windows XP (service pack 2) my system is ALWAYS (!!) (re)booting up normally and I can keep on working. Sometimes also it starts up when my system (power off etc) is off just for a little while, but almost everytime when I want to start my system in the mornings it goes wrong. That's strange not. Somewhere I read that Asus A8V deluxe motherboards (or AMD processors) doesn't always "eat" the AUTO settings in the BIOS and it seems that some AUTO settings can create some problems. I don't know if it true because I almost don't know anything about the right settings.
For example one of the DEFAULT settings is AI overclocking AUTO. Also strange was that Everest recognized my PC3200 ram as PC2500. In my Bios my memclock mode was on AUTO. For curiousity i changed it into LIMIT and so that it was on Memclock Mode to CPU ratio 1:1. Only after I changed that to 2:1 DDR400 the program Everest recognized PC3200 ram. I don't know if I did the right thing by changing this. It was only because I had written it somewhere on a forum. Anyway even with that I still have most of the time the same problems and sometimes the BIOS error. I have made some pictures fm my BIOS settings. So if someone like (and have the time) to "study" them and maybe can help me with some suggestions I would be really grateful !
I almost forgotten something. Does anyone knows the right CPU core voltage for my AMD64 3500+ and maybe also the other right voltages like DDR, AGP etc. In BIOS everything is on AUTO.
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (Venice) - Socket 939 - 2 x 1024 MB TWINMOS PC3200 (CL3) DDR-DIMM - Motherboard Asus A8V Deluxe - Video Card Saphire Radeon 9250