BIOS Version EV91510A.15A.0123 Upgrade?

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
scintillating
New visitors - please read the rules.

hi everyone! i have a gateway desktop computer with the following bios version: EV91510A.15A.0123

i am trying to find a newer version of this bios, but i simply can't find it on gateway's site. i can't contact them for help because tech support on the computer has long expired. i did some searching around and the closest topic i can find to my problem can be found here:

http://www.wimsbios.com/phpBB2/topic7591.html

the main difference between my problem and dmb's problem is that i have not yet flashed another version on top of EV91510A.15A.0123. also, i don't understand how AG91510J.15A.0816 can be the newest version of this bios, since they don't even start with the same letters. does anybody know where i can start? i've checked on intel's site as well as gateway's site, but i must not be very good at finding things, because i haven't found a newer version of this bios version. please help! if i have not given enough information, i would be more than happy to do so; simply let me know what information you need. thanks for reading this :)

Edit - Fixed link for the OP. KW
scintillating

Can anybody help?
JoeN

According to the Gateway drivewrs download page, the BIOS prefix SE91510J (Luxemburg, South Lake, and South Lake 2), or AG91510J (Augsburg), or PB94510J (Biglake) is constant and specifically identifies the correct motherboard.
scintillating

JoeN wrote:According to the Gateway drivewrs download page, the BIOS prefix SE91510J (Luxemburg, South Lake, and South Lake 2), or AG91510J (Augsburg), or PB94510J (Biglake) is constant and specifically identifies the correct motherboard.
Do you mean I should ignore the warning message that tells me (roughly) that the new BIOS version I'm trying to flash must begin with the same string of characters as the old BIOS version that I'm trying to overwrite?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

EV91510A.15A must be the same
all Intel retail bioses have 86A instead of 15A so they won't flash.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
ShawnLuciano

Don't flash it if you haven't. It may cause more problems. Not sure what's prompting you to flash but I have the same board and couldn't flash with the AG bios either. Won't work. I made the mistake of flashing intel's EV....482 bios and now my fans constantly run. I'm actually hoping you might be able to export your intact original EV....123 version and provide it to me so I can put mine back, can't seem to find the original online. You are the most recent poster I've found that seems to still have the original. Please let me know if you can help me out with this. Hopefully you haven't flashed with anything else for my sake AND yours...

Edit - Removed the OP's e-mail address. KW