Biostar M6VBE Bios-Update

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
Ostra
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi,

i'm somewhat confused about updating my bios because i found different opinions about it on the web.

These are my specifications

and there was this post, that made me so confused:
This kind of confusion can result in dead boards, like with the Biostar M6VBE BIOS 7/99 version where the string says 692 but the BIOS firmware and the board are apparently 693; use that BIOS on the 692 board and you could stop it working. That's why I would like coco8 to send me his BIOS....
i just want to update my bios because i've installed a 80gb hd.

maybe you can help me which bios i should choose for this issue? i know how to do it, just not which bios i have to use.

thanks a lot
Ostra
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

1) Is this board inside a Fujitsu-Siemens system?
2) What are the markings on the large VIA chips? 82C693/82C596A or 82C692/82C596?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Should be the FSC 693 Version.
Ostra

Yes, it's fujitsu-siemens and it's 82C693/82C596A on the chips.

So i updated my bios with this one i found on the fujitsu-siemens website.

http://support.fujitsu-siemens.de/Downl ... &ClassID=0

there were no errors or something.

now, at least, it identifies my 80gb hard disk, but the boot crashes when it wants to detect the drive's size.

there were no informations about how much hd space the "new" bios i used supports, but i guess it's only up to 64gb.

are there any modified bios so that i can use my 80gb hd?

thank you very much
Ostra

ok, i managed to solve this issue with a bios from your site. sorry about the fuss. i just haven't found your modded bios on the site. somewhat hidden there, i think ^^" (found it through a direkt link to this file on your site on another forum)

so everyone who has the same problem should use this modded bios:
http://wims.rainbow-software.org/rainbo ... %20693.zip

and replace the *.bin in this zip with the one on the original vbe1118A update disk found at the fujitsu-siemens site i mentioned before:

http://support.fujitsu-siemens.de/Downl ... &ClassID=0

thanks for the help =) actually the post which let me remind of the manufacturer (fujitsu-siemens) helped me to solve this prob.

Ostra
vrtuljak

This solution for Biostar motherboards MV6VBE, is a very old date, but is still satisfactory and useful. I want to thank to member "Ostra" to set the solution that helped me a lot about the problem with my HDD. Greetings from Serbia.