Can't Flash Jetway 663AS ULTRA Board

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
chringo
New visitors - please read the rules.

*Please* can anyone help?

JETWAY 663AS Ultra Mobo rev3.2

I've been trying to flash this mobo since last year, and when i do, all I get is red (unsuccessful) blocks in the AWDFLASH update meter. I've tried different versions of AWDFLASH and different BIOS revision images, but always the same outcome.

Does anyone know if there is a write-protect on this BIOS (nothing in the manual or BIOS Setup that I can see), or just let me know if you've successfully flashed this BIOS... or anything I could try... ANYTHING?!?!?!

I need to flash the BIOS to upgrade my CPU...

Thanks in advance

Chringo

FYI -:
BIOS Date: 03/12/01
BIOS Type: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PGN
BIOS ID: 03/12/2001-8363A-686A/B-6A6LMJ19C
BIOS Eval: V.663AS_ULTRA A01 03-12-2001
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

You can try UniFlash but it's at your own risk...
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

You are using 663AUA07.bin and awdflash with the /NBL parameter?
http://www.jetway.com.tw/evisn/download ... ndex-1.htm

I think the same applies for the AU series as does for the AS series. Just a gut feeling.
PS:iF your older version was earlier that A04 when you update please add a new parameter "/NBL"
*Awdflash 663asa06.bin /SN /PY /CC /R /NBL
which would be
PS:iF your older version was earlier than A04, A01 is earlier. When you update please add a new parameter "/NBL"
*Awdflash 663aua07.bin /SN /PY /CC /R /NBL
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
chringo

Edwin,

Thanks, yes - I'm using AWDFLASH v8.08 (among others!) and 663AUA07.bin from the Jetway website.

I've tried the /NBL parameter, without success.... :(

Rainbow - I'm very tempted to use Uniflash - I got v1.27 from the official (?) site, and got 90% of the way through....

It got as far as loading the BIOS, then warned me there was a problem with the BOOTBLOCK ....

And asked did I want to continue flashing - I 'bottled it' and said no...

Would this fit in with Edwin's post about the /NBL parameter in awdflash?

Should I have said yes?

Thanks in advance

Chringo

PS - Incidentally - I tried flashing the original BIOS back to the chip in both AWDFLASH and UNIFLASH... AWDFLASH didn't work, telling me the BIOS was a different size, but UNIFLASH did it no problems... ...which just leads me to believe everything I've read on the uniflash site about awdflash being, er, shall we say 'problematic'!!!
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

If you flash using the command in main menu, UniFlash will flash without bootblock and will warn you if the BIOS you're flashing has different bootblock than the BIOS you currently have.
This should work.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
chringo

Rainbow, thanks for info, but:
Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but should I flash it *with* the new bootblock or without (i.e. should I use CLI parameters or not?)

Thanks in advance

Chringo
chringo

sorry x 1000

Just RTFM'd and I've found out that I should flash the bios without bootblock, check if it works, and then flash bootblock as well if there's any prob (i think that's right....)

Anyway, I've just flashed using Uniflasher (top prog) but there were verification errors, and the program 'persuaded' me to not be courageous, and to immediately re-flash original BIOS

Would it likely to have been OK with verification errors, or was I wise to quit while I was ahead?

TIA

Chringo