PC Chips MB

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
JhonDoe
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello...
My problem is not about flashing the Bios but i think it is relevant..
Problem w/ my PC Chips 756lmrt+ the BIOS is always resetting (fallback) to it's default
values.. Already replace the battery but no luck. i'd tried everything ... (removed and re-insert the BIOS to the socket) but same result i got. And when i figured out that when i turn off the AVR and wait for 15 to 20 minutes it ressets, but when the AVR is not OFF though the CPU is OFF the settings will not resets or fallback to deffault.. What sould be the problem??
Pls.. help......
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

I'd say the problem is still BIOS power related, which could still mean the battery. I once had a system with a good batter but the clip that held the battery in was bent so the battery was not making proper contact. Have also had a few similar problems to this. So what might want to take another look at this area, although I am not saying this is definitely the problem.

(Did you actually replace the battery with a new battery, or just another spare lying around that you assumed was good?)
JhonDoe

i did everything i got (i'd scratch and bend the battery clip, replace defeneatly new battery) i supected it too, that power might be the problem but i dnt see anything that caused it, in fact i'd already used magnifyiing glass just to trace the PCB for possible broken line or connection but everything in-place..
any other idea????... :cry:
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Can you check the voltage at the chip vs the voltage at the battery ?
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

I had a problem like this on a Siemens D1025 board. After tracing the traces going from the battery, I found a part of trace that was open. Everything seemed OK visually, but ohmmeter showed that it's not OK. A piece of wire fixed it :)
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
JhonDoe

Rainbow wrote:I had a problem like this on a Siemens D1025 board. After tracing the traces going from the battery, I found a part of trace that was open. Everything seemed OK visually, but ohmmeter showed that it's not OK. A piece of wire fixed it :)
Can u give me an idea Rainbow? How to check or trace a broken line or something in this mobo? in what pin/lead of the BIOS chips will i check? did the baterry is connected dirrectly in the BIOS?Pls.. help.. can u give me the pinout of the BIOS

thanks in advance....
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

I use a ohmmeter to do this. Check that battery negative pole (-) is connected to GND (e.g. the metal part of the keyboard connector). Then examine the positive pole (+). The trace on the board should lead to one pin of the clear CMOS jumper (most probably through some diodes). The middle pin of the clear CMOS jumper should be connected to the CMOS/RTC chip (or chipset if CMOS/RTC is built-in).
JhonDoe

Thanks Rainbow........I'd check the battery it rated just .7 volts in my tester I guest i tink i bought a new but poor battery...Hope this will end my problem..
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

That's the first thing to check :) I've seen a zero volt battery recently :D