CMOS Battery low...

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
basix
New visitors - please read the rules.

Recently my Zida Tomato 5SVA motherboard died *after* a long and very tough struggle updating my BIOS. I got a old board Pentium 1 board from my friend. It's supposed to be Tomato TX-100 board with AMI BIOS. The board works fine but there is just one problem. During the POST the display shows either "CMOS Checksum Bad" or "CMOS Checksum Bad, CMOS Display size wrong", or "CMOS Battery Low". I bought a new CMOS battery(same model no. and everything) and replaced it properly. But now I get the "CMOS battery low. Press F1 to enter setup" and the computer wont boot :(

Should I try and clear the CMOS? I don't know how to clear the CMOS. Why should it give low battery error on a perfectly new battery?

Any help would be appreciated...
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Try entering BIOS, and choose "Save & Exit".
basix
New visitors - please read the rules.

i already tried to save & exit. didnt work regardless of whether i changed the settings or not. but yes, if i save and exit without changing the settings it goes ahead with booting. If I actually change something and then save and exit then it gives the same old CMOS Checksum error. Now the battery low error doesnt occur anymore :?