DFI Lanparty 875

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
justinc
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have a DFI Lanparty PRO875 motherboard and a Western Digital 250GB SATA hard drive with windows XP pro. The HD is only recognised as 127GB.
I have downloaded SP1 and made sure the atapi driver is 5.1.200.1135 but to no avail. I have been to the DFI website but there is only an update for the PRO875B motherboard not the 875.
When I try and update the BIOS via a floppy disc I get an error message saying non-system disc.

Does anyone have any suggestions to preserve my meagre sanity???

Please, please, please
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

*Do not* flash the BIOS from the 875B as you will likely create further problems and the system may be unusable.

I found the BIOS updates for the LANPARTY PRO 875 here.

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/ ... =A&SITE=US

Or by going to www.dfi.com, Global, Product Search for LANPARTY, SOCKET 478, MODEL LANPARTY PRO 875. Then click on the model that comes up and then click on BIOS - you will get a list of BIOSs for Revision A starting with the most recent.

Verify that this is really your board - if not ask other Wim's BIOS board members to help you to verify it.

Once you are sure, then you can download the BIOS and update.
justinc
New visitors - please read the rules.

I found that BIOS update too but it makes no mention of support for 250GB hard drives like the one for the 875B.
I managed to sort the problem by another route though.
I used Partition Magic 8.0 which detected the missing 120GB as "unallocated". I then made this extra space into a separate partition and then merged the 2 together. Windows was then able to detect this as a 250GB hard drive. I have no idea why it couldn't do this in the first place and obviate the need to be tricked into it.
Thanks for the help anyway
:D
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

prolly another bug in windows partition/format routine. we had the 32MB barrier at one time, then the 2GB, then the 32GB, then the 64GB flaw so not surprised to see things go haywire at 128 again. Some day they'll learn. I hope at least.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

I found that BIOS update too but it makes no mention of support for 250GB hard drives like the one for the 875B.
I have come across some BIOS updates where there is no mention or no obvious mention of larger HDD support and to what capacity. I have to admit I didn't see this detail listed in the updates provided at the link I posted either. So there could be a good chance either way on whether larger HDD support is provided for your board with the latest BIOS.