ECS K7SOM+ Drivers

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
blakerab
New visitors - please read the rules.

I am getting a code 12 in the device manager for a new video card I installed looked around many people said update the bios.. Easier said then done cant find these drivers anywhere even checked the ecs website. Seems like these older boards just have terrible support even from there makers website.

Does anyone know where I can get the most recent drivers for this board and all its integrated audio/lan/video etc. It would be much appreciated.

-----

I was called to a ladys house she was having a problem with her computer the screen would flicker.. So I took a look found out right away it was the new video card that had been installed was throwing a Code 12: "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use".. to my knowledge the problem would be that the bios is not set up properly to work with the new video card. Well I went into the bios I cant find a setting to enable/disable the onboard video but I did notice a VGA setting and it was set to PCI "which is what this new video card is its a pci 128mb video card" So I was wondering if anyone could help?? is there something wrong in the bios I am not setting up right?? or is it something else?? Please help :)

PS: the onboard video is disabled in device manager and the new pci card is working but throws the code 12 and the drivers will not install.

Mobo: ECS K7SOM+ "have had no luck at finding any driver updates"
CPU: AMD Athlon 2200+

Edit - Merged duplicate post information. KW
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Denniss
BIOS Guru

What's the new PCI VGA card for a model/manufaxturer ?
I remember some manufacturers sold a PCI VGA card but the drivers supplied with this card won't work.
Please remember to set the shared VGA size in Bios to the lowest number or you's waste some valuable memory for the OnBoard VGA card you don't use anymore.

get the latest chipset and LAN drivers from www.sis.com - AGP121 (chipset) and SIS900 LAN is what you are looking for.
If you get the PCI VGA working please deinstall the SIS OnBoard VGA drivers from your machine. After rebooting Windows should ask for a new driver but don't let it install anything else then VGA driver. Then disable it again in device manager.
blakerab
New visitors - please read the rules.

I am going to give that a try I found a new bios update going to flash it see if that does anything and I will also try removing the sis drivers from windows for the onboard VGA. Ill be back with the news soon as I get to it thanks for the help.