Failure to Detect Drive A when flashing BIOS?

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
webdunce
New visitors - please read the rules.

This flash is supposed to fix some windows vista issues for my emachines t3516 PC. it creates an ISO image, which gets burned to a CD. Then it says to boot from the CD, but when i do, it just says that it failed to detect drive a and asks me if i want to abort, retry, ignore or fail? (but it ignores all keyboard input and just hangs...so i must power off).

I don't have a floppy drive and I don't have a drive a: ... so of course it's not going to detect it.

I've tried going into BIOS and disabling everything i could find that seemed to have anything to do with the floppy drive but to no avail.

Any ideas???

Thanks,
--webdunce

NEVER MIND!!! I found another BIOS update that was completely windows-based and it says it "supercedes all other updates" ... so maybe i don't even need this one that doesn't seem to work.

(but if you want to guess at the cause of it...feel free...i'll probably read the comments anyway)
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

the A: drive is an emulated one in the ISO, but it sounds to me the disk or the CD drive has some issues here. That may be the reason they released a fully windows-based version.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...