FDD not found.

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
gmomsen
New visitors - please read the rules.

I was in the process of updating my MB (CFI-S76 by ACORP) bios from v1.0 to v1.7 when the floppy drive stopped working. I get an error at the startup screen saying there is a floppy disk error. Also, looking in the setup screens, there is no mention of drive A, only drive B. I have tried different drives and cables but I still can’t get my floppy drive to be recognized. I fear that something on the MB is wrong. I am stuck at bios v 1.5 and would like to flash up to 1.7 but without a floppy, I am kinda at a loss. I have tried making a bootable CD but can’t seem to get it to work. I’m not sure what other kind of specs you might need, so please ask. I can tell you the bios is award/phoenix and the OS is XP and the processor is AMDAthlon XP 2100+. Does anyone have any wisdom for me?
ClausD

I know it's an old posting, but please help me anyway ;-)
gmomsen wrote:I was in the process of updating my MB (CFI-S76 by ACORP) bios from v1.0 to v1.7
Any chance that You - or anyone - still got the bios v1.7 for this board? It seems that the company has disappeared or at least no longer supports their old products.

Regards Claus
mephisto

ClausD wrote:I know it's an old posting, but please help me anyway ;-)
gmomsen wrote:I was in the process of updating my MB (CFI-S76 by ACORP) bios from v1.0 to v1.7
Any chance that You - or anyone - still got the bios v1.7 for this board? It seems that the company has disappeared or at least no longer supports their old products.

Regards Claus
I hope it's not too late ;)

http://rapidshare.com/files/109392647/A ... 7.zip.html