Flashed BIOS and this error message comes up.

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
trysting
BIOS Newbie

I just recenctly flashed the BIOS on a Jeytway 867AS-H (Rev. 3.0) from the original A01 (01/04/2002) to the latest A04 (07/22/2002) and now when the system is booted it loads up a bit then it pops up this message box that says : Invalid copy! Press any key to continue... : Now if you press any key it just keeps coming up. Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
xiaonian
Master Flasher

during you flash your bios,any error message displayed?
trysting
BIOS Newbie

No. It all seemed to have flashed well with no errors reported at all. but then upon reboot it came up with that message. I have since flashed in an earlier BIOS revision (A02) as there were problems with the A03 release.

I have also emailed Jetway about this problem but doubt that I will get a response as none arrived the last time I sent them an email about a problem with the A03 (but then again they did release the A04 not long after.
xiaonian
Master Flasher

Invalid copy! Press any key to continue... :
when does this message come?
before test memory or after?
before detect harddisk or after?
trysting
BIOS Newbie

Well that message comes up after the POST. You see it test the memory and then detect all the drives then it only just flicks up the next screen (the one where you see what memory slots are used and what PCI cards are detected) and I mean only just flicks up as I only recall seeing it for less than a second, this is when that message box pops up.
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Isn't that an OS problem? Do you have Windows XP? Try booting from a floppy.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
trysting
BIOS Newbie

Sorry I guess I should have listed a bit more info for this. The setup of the system is basically the Jetway 867AS-H M/B, MSI GeForce 2 MX/MX 400, 2x 128 MB RAM (Memtek brand I think), CD-ROM, Western Digital 20 GB HDD, AMD Duron 1200 running Windows 98 SE.

The reason for flashing the BIOS was that I was trying to solve some stability issues that windows had. I may when I get time try installing Windows XP or Windows 2000 on it to see if they work any better.
trysting
BIOS Newbie

OK I am now back at work and am able to work on this computer again, I reflashed the BIOS to the A04 release then put a bootable floppy in and the system started up, but if I start the computer without it it comes up with that error message. I am going to try and reformat the HDD and install windows again to see if it will work.
trysting
BIOS Newbie

Well it seems that message was from a feature on the motherboard called Recovery Genius. As BIOS revision A04 completely removes it from BIOS the program is still actually on the HDD. A problem happened and a new message box came up and that seemed to have uninstalled Recovery Genius then upon reboot I disabled in the BIOS and reflashed in the newer A04 and now that message box that says : Invalid copy... : no longer appears.

The only problem now is though I have reformated the HDD and have gone to install Windows 98SE yet the computer was freezing at various points when it sets up the CD-Rom drivers and ramdrive and that. Finally got it to install but upon first starting Windows there were registry errors!!
trysting
BIOS Newbie

Well I've had a bit of time between jobs at work to have a fiddle with this computer again and it turns out that the stability problems and errors have been caused by faulty RAM (the stick that was installed by the computer shop).

The latest BIOS version (A04) seems to be working fine after that initial problem I had with it.

:)