Forcing phoenix bios update on a MID (Clarion Mind)

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
crime_of_heart
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi everyone.

I have an advanced problem. I have managed to install Win XP to Clarionmind. It is an atom z500 powered intel menlow based device. The problem is, it is not ACPI 2.0 compliant. So windows 7 is not installable. There is one other MID, the Aigo MID, which has same hardware specs and the bios with correct ACPI tables.

So what i did is swapping the ACPI tables from aigo to clarionmind using phoenix bios editor pro. now i want to try this bios image. but even i am an advanced user, i could not manage to update the bios nor wia phlash16 , neither winphlash (i tried all of the versions of both software available)

The main problem with winphlash is the device freeze just before flashing process starts.

using phlash in dos mode, i got the error message that my AC cable is not plugged in eventhough it is. (i think this is becouse the acpi problem that i want to fix)

What do you recommend? is there anyway to force the phlash utility not to check if ac cable is plugged?

thanks, and sorry for this long post
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

either way the risk of making a brick out of your mid is pretty big, if the flash utility somehow won't be able to detect the AC and the other one freezes... not worth the risk imho...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...