FSC ESCD

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
Ravine
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello!

I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Scenic 300 desktop (with a mobo D1451). It's a small form-factor PC, and very silent and stable, so i decided to make it a firewall.
The problem is, there's only 3 PCI bus on the mobo, and i have to use it all.
There's an onboard NIC, and i want to install another 3 NIC card. One is a simple realtek8139, but the another 2 have 4-4 NIC ports on it. So the PC has 10 NIC ports in the end. Looks like it's a bit too much for the mobo, when i reboot, i get this message:
-----------------------
System configuration data updated
ERROR
System configuration data read error
-----------------------

When i set the "Reset configuration data" to "Yes" in BIOS, at next reboot everything looks fine, firewall software boots normally, and i can see all the interfaces (pfSense). But at next reboot it's stops again.
The bios is here:
http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Download/ ... 20-%20BIOS

Is there any way to force the reset escd at every reboot? Or something easy way to fix this?
thx
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

- replace the bios coin cell battery.
- disable anything onboard you are not using like serial ports, parallel port, usb, sound, floppy drive, secondary IDE etc in the bios, thus freeing resources (IRQ and address space).

some info about your board:
http://uk.ts.fujitsu.com/rl/servicesupp ... /D1451.htm
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Ravine
New visitors - please read the rules.

Yeah, tried that, i disabled everything except USB and NIC, same problem (i'm booting from LAN/USB).
In the end, i configured the mobo to NOT stop at any error at boot, and to use ACPI and not by bios configuration. The error still pops up, but can get past, and looks like freebsd can handle it (still testing it).
Probably no other options for me now.

thx
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

I suspect you are running the latest bios version already, otherwise that may be an option, upgrade the bios...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...