GATEWAY BIOS help

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
BuildSmart
New visitors - please read the rules.

This is what I do know.

Code: Select all

Manufacturer :         Intel Corporation
	Product Name :         D915GUX
	Version      :         AAC85199-201
	Serial Number:         BTUX44702493
The BIOS file is SE2609P.bio

I have already been able to get boot from EFI working however I need to remove the entire GateWay logo and replace it with a custom one.

I've tried all of the iflash instructions I can find without any success and instructions from do-gooder's who have untested suggestions and possible solutions have only eaten up my development time that it has expired so I need a solution now.

I'm no longer interested in instructions that don't work and have not been tested or temporary solutions that are supposed to write to the USR space that I could never verify work since I could never get iflash to do anything but flash the current bios file.

I'm looking for a permanent but simple solution that requires no knowledge or experience other than inserting a floppy or CD or some other automated approach.

I can provide a board if required as I have a couple of extras since I just want/need a solution.

I might even be willing to cough up a little cash to obtain my results provided you can achieve my results within a reasonable time period.

Just e-mail to get the ball rolling.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Why buy Gateway boxes and change the logo? Would have been so much easier buying retail stuff. I'll see what I can think of. I've been playing around with custom logos on Intel boards in the past, will have to dig into the pile of papers.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
BuildSmart
New visitors - please read the rules.

edwin wrote:Why buy Gateway boxes and change the logo? Would have been so much easier buying retail stuff. I'll see what I can think of. I've been playing around with custom logos on Intel boards in the past, will have to dig into the pile of papers.
I don't buy the box just the board cause Intel doesn't sell the D915GUXLKR with IEEE-1394 on it and after discussions with them the only way to get this configuration they claim is to buy the board and contract out to have the components installed or buy the OEM (Gateway) board if I'm not buying in a quantity of 10,000 minimum.

I've been able to make considerable progress testing with a retail Intel D915GUXLKR board, at this point I'd settle for any SE26xxP.bio file as long as I can get the matching .itk file for it.

Suprisingly enough, I used a hex editor and edited the SE2609P.BIO file and replaced all occurances of SE91510J with AG91510J to get it to install in another Gateway model that is using a much older version named AG0816P.bio for the same board and intel confirmed that it was the same board and after the update to the edited SE2609P.bio file, the board woke up a little, supported more CPU's and allowed booting from USB so there might be other firmwares that will work provided it's for the same basic hardware.

The second problem is that Gateway has a habit of releasing a firmware update and then pulling it, some people have reported that they have obtained and applied a newer version of the firmware before it was pulled but didn't have the forethought to save the files after they were done so claims that they saw the .itk file are nothing more than rumors.

The only real solution here is to obtain a .BIO file with it's matching .ITK file which would allow me to do more thsan cover up the OEM logo.

If your not using the Integrator Tool Kit then your only covering up the Logo, not replacing it or removing it and if the OEM has locked thie space then you can only add a badge.

Having the .itk file allows me to do several things besides replacing or removing the logo so locating a pair of files would be beneficial.

My search skills suck so my progress has been stalled by the lack of finding anything I can use.