Gateway e3400 board

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
tin
BIOS Newbie

I just have been given a Gateway e-3400 and I stuck in the SATA controller and SCSI cards I needed in it, went to boot and.... Nope, no bootable devices. The mongrel thing didnt even look at kicking up the PCI card BIOSes.

I went to the Gateway website where after some time I managed to find a reference to the e3400, and even a BIOS update. I grabbed it, opened it and low and behold the readme lists a few supported boards.... Mine isnt there!

Supported models have BIOS IDs (the string at the upper parts not the AMI ID at the bottom) of 0AAVEP02 - 0AAVEP08. The version I downloaded was 0AAVEP09. The board I have says its a 0AAOUP02. I looked at pics on the gateway site of the supported boards, and they look the same. The specs listed are the same, but since the board doesnt have a removable flash chip Im not going to force anything. I tried running the flash prog as set up by gateway, and it didnt run (different IDs).

The full AMI string from the bottom of the screen is:
63-0100-006201-00101111-052500-SOLANO-0AA-UOP02-Y2KC-5

Edit: Problem solved.... A friend swapped his P3 mobo and case with this one since he didnt need support for an offboard controller of any sort.
If you can't mod it, it's not worth owning.
TakenAback
New visitors - please read the rules.

If you ever get to the point where you are gonna toss that mobo, try flashing it with the most recent Intel JN440BX BIOS and see if it survives first.

If it does, the stuff Gateway wanted locked out may be accessible.