help with amibios/ vxpro ii/ flashing

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
chr
New visitors - please read the rules.

hello,
i am trying to flash the bios of an old pc based on the vxpro ii chipset. although i couldnt find the motherboard revision, i was told if you dont see it by the keyboard port, it is the earliest version. i have the model m570; and am trying to flash the bios so it will see hard drives > 8GB.

i setup a boot disk with AMINF332.EXE and 0807S.ROM, and tried to run it at the dos prompt. however, i get an error which reads:

"CHIPSET/FLASH PART ISNT AVAILABLE. THE FUNCTION WILL BE INVALID."

i want to resolve this issue asap, and need help. thank you to all who reply to this post.
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Use an older version of the flasher.
Do a websearch for AMIFL632 or AMIFL634
chr
New visitors - please read the rules.

thanks,
i did use that older flashing program, and it did work, however; when it prompted for reboot, it just froze, and now the pc wont boot at all. it powers on, but the monitor stays blank. the only thing i can think of is that maybe i used the wrong .rom ?

i used 0807S.ROM for M570 v1.3 for a VXPRO II motherboard. here is the string from the bios screen:

51-0122-001437-00111111-071595-UT801X-001_10_UTRON_F

thanks for replying, i am not sure if i have further complicated my situation. will i need to do anything special to the chip? if so, instructions would help alot.