help with bios flash for win2k

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
dew1234
New visitors - please read the rules.

OK i am trying to upgrade my bios on a win 2k system.. I have a intel se440bx-2 mobo... I went to intels site and got a se2bio17.exe file to upgrade.. so i cant figyre out what the hell ineed on the disk to flash the bios.. the readme with the filr fromintel makes no damn sense!!! please help me asap I am stuck here
Thanks
Jason :(
soupy
Absentee administrator

Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
a_user
Good ol' Boy

First of all it looks like this is the orginal bios... so whay are you trying to update it?

1) sebio17.exe - This file will extract the need files to create a boot disk and bios update file.

2) mk_bootz.exe - This file will extract the necessary file to creat a bootable disk. Be careful as it has a readme file that will overly the orginal readme file extracted in step. Hint rename the orginal to readme0.txt.

3) bios.exe - This file will extract the necessary files to the diskette created in step 2 via entering bios a:

4) run the flash program per instructions from the diskette created in step3.

ALL of the above is a rehash of the readme created in the first step.
Please use the Fourms for Bios Questions
and not my Email

Flashing is risky in any form!
dew1234

waddya mean this looks like the original bios.. I have made this disk and it boots to the disk and then it just sists there it says "Dos licensed to Intel for bios flash" or something like that and then it jusy\t sits there and does nothing, no reading from disk ,no drive activity etc,, any suggestion?!!?
Help :oops:
dew1234

nevermind i got it all figured out, the disk worrked like thge 5th time i tried it, and would not work befor that, for what reason I have no idea why, anyway, thanks to those above who replied with help so quick!!! happy flashing!!
Jason
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

forgot the "bios a:" part I guess?
a_user
Good ol' Boy

As I read the info on the Intel web site it states that this is the one and only bios - IE production level P17 if remember correctly. Therefore why upgrade if what you have is what you are upgrading too??????
Please use the Fourms for Bios Questions
and not my Email

Flashing is risky in any form!