IBM or Intel bios?

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
DanceMan
BIOS Rookie

I have an IBM motherboard (300GL 6268-16U) for a socket 370 Cel/PIII. I have to flash the bios to support a Coppermine Cel 566 in any case. I'm considering flashing the Intel bios (CA810 board) rather than the IBM in the hope of accessing more options, particularly ram timings, than in the limited IBM bios.
I'm positive of the ID of the board, am experienced in flashing, know the risks, etc.
Does anyone have a general idea of the Intel bioses, specifically whether they are likely to be more complete than the IBM?
so many parts, so little time.....
DanceMan
BIOS Rookie

I've successfully flashed the IBM bios update, but when I try to flash the Intel bios, I get two beeps, no post display. Something is preventing the bios flash, probably something IBM has put in there. (I did have the jumper removed -- the "recovery" position.)
Because the Intel bios update file is similar to the IBM, a group of individual files rather than a single .rom file, I don't think I can use Uniflash to overcome the IBM code that's preventing the flash.
Does anyone have any idea of a way to get the Intel flasher to override the IBM?
The Intel bios is slightly older, 04/40/2000 vs the IBM's 11/21/2000, but likely also contains the microcode for the Coppermine Celerons. I was hoping it would give me some control over memory timings, which the IBM lacks.
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Intel boards often don't have any memory settings in BIOS - they just read the SPD data from the DIMM modules and use that.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
DanceMan
BIOS Rookie

Thanks for the info. My dislike of proprietary brands continues.