Intel SIG files: Are they hackable?

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
Zebron
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello all, I have spent 2 days and am so close to being able to flash my OEM Gateway board I can taste it. I can now fool IFLASH in to loading up the bio files that I want, and get to the point at which IFLASH says "Flashing ROM". And then I get an authentication error. I have narrowed the problem down to the SIG file. Intel SIG files and 90% the same, until the very end of the file which contains a BIOS code and a small digital signature. The digital signature must match the BIOS code both in the SIG file and in the BIO files. Changing the BIOS code in all of the BIO files, for some reason, still doesn't fix the problem. My question is, is the SIG file hackable? Can it be done using Intel's Integrator Tools? I need to get myself a copy of that. Anyone have it?

Any other ideas?

One other thing: It is possible to take all of the BIO files and convert it in to a single BIN file for use with UNIFLASH?

Thanks,

Zebron
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Use the recovery flash method (remove flash/clear jumper alltogether). Use at own risk ofcourse.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Zebron
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi Edwin, I am not quite sure whether my mobo is not working right or I am not doing something right, but I have tried the recovery method with both bootable and non-bootable diskettes with the proper .rec files for the mobo. The floppy whirls for about 3 seconds, and then nothing happens (after about 30 minutes I just shut the computer off...)

Any ideas?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

use a regular bios update diskette for which the instructions are at the Intel website.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...