Intel Zappa & flobby boot after bios update not working

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
juukeli
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi.

I have an old P133 computer with Intel Zappa MB. I bought a new hard drive for my other, newer computer. I was curious if I could make it work in my old puter, and after bios update it worked.
The bios file was not an original bios for that mobo, it was MR bios file.
After flashing the file the new hard drive worked ok same as everything else, but floppy boot didn't.
Now I have installed that hd to my newer computer, and the problem is still there.
When I try to flash an old bios, the flashing software just says that the chip is not programmable.
I may not have the right flashing software. Does anyone know, what should it be?

Cheers
Juukeli
juukeli

Oh, forgot to say, that there is no such thing in the MRbios bios, that should prevent flashing the chip. Not in the mobo either.

Juukeloi
juukeli

YES Now it's not booting at all. Tried to do that bios recovery thing, weird but there was the first beep, but no two beeps at the end of the procedure. So I had to power off, then it's not booting. Someone help...
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

If you do not see the BIOS POST tests, you may now have a bigger problem. But if it is just the drives that are not booting, then you may need to enter the BIOS setup and redetect the hard drives. As for the floppy, there should be a setting in the BIOS that allows you to specify what type of floppy drive you have got and under what drive letter.
juukeli

Yes, this is a bigger problem...
Monitor stays blank when booting, only drives (hd and cd) start. Zappa's boot recovery doesn't work like it should. I've made a bios recovery disk, changed jumper posotion on mobo to recovery position. There should be 1 beep at first, and four beeps after the job is done, but only the first beep comes. Drive led stays on till I turn the computer off. I've tried with several disks, so it's not floppy's fault.

What could cause that the recovery process doesn't work??
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

juukeli wrote:Yes, this is a bigger problem...
Monitor stays blank when booting, only drives (hd and cd) start. Zappa's boot recovery doesn't work like it should. I've made a bios recovery disk, changed jumper posotion on mobo to recovery position. There should be 1 beep at first, and four beeps after the job is done, but only the first beep comes. Drive led stays on till I turn the computer off. I've tried with several disks, so it's not floppy's fault.

What could cause that the recovery process doesn't work??
Were those disks formatted on that drive ? i.e. if you try the disks in the FDD on another machine do they read OK ?
If the drive comes on and stays on all the time, are you sure that the cable is connected the right way round ?
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"