Intel Zappa, MRbios update, can't boot from floppy anymore..

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
juukeli
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi.

The title about says what the problem is.
I tried to get my ps2 mouse and new hard drive to work, they didn't work with old bios. The hard drive now works, but I think I have a wrong kind of mouse. It won't work with a serial/ps2 -adapter.
Anyway, all else is working after MRBIOS update, but I'm not able to boot from floppy.
System is:

Intel Zappa motherboard with Triton chipset
P133 processor
32 MB EDO RAM
400 MB HD (I moved that new HD to my another comp.)
ATI 3D Charger

I should have made a backup of that old working bios, but for some reason I did not :-(
Now I can't flash old bios back even with bios recovery floppy.
When I copy flash utility and bios file to my hard drive, the flash program says, that my comp doesn't have flashable bios...
Boot order is right in bios setup, but floppy drive light just flashes when I turn power on, no boot. I've tested with another floppy drive, no luck.
Anyone had same kind of problems?
What can I try to do with it?

Regards from Finland
Jukka Keränen
jiteo
BIOS Rookie

For the serial to PS/2 adapter to work you need a mouse that supports both protocols, and obviously yours only knows PS/2. As for the BIOS, you can't flash it while Windows is running because Windows "locks" the PCI bus. More knowledgable people can explaing what exactly that means, I just don't know! I assume you have Windows 9x on the machine, and that should let you boot into DOS if you press F8 when the splash screen comes up. Then you should be able to flash the BIOS. I've never actually tried it, so I can't guarantee that it'll work.

enjoy!
Artom
sulbert
Master Flasher

Hei

Looks like the MRBIOS (you downloaded it from here, right?) is meant for boards with another super I/O chip (I assume you already tried to clear CMOS etc). To flash back the original BIOS you can try the boot block recovery procedure.