Jetway Bios update nightmare

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
shamanjim
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi guys.
First up, I'm Shamanjim (Jim) new to the forum, so hi!

Ok, heres whats what with as little BS as I can manage.
I just got a new computer, so this one is becoming a test/practice rig, and I've always wanted to try overclocking, and I really want to push as much out of this old one as possible.

I have a Jetway motherboard,
SiS 645 - 6A6IXJ19C - 00 Version S447.
Running on an intel P4 2.0.
I look on the jetway website and its a bloody nightmare, the date of the 645 bios is 2003, this one seems to be 2001, and I dont get any options for overclock which is what I'm trying to achieve, to squeeze a little more out of it. I downloaded the S447 bin file from the jetway tech page, and am running award modular 6.0.

Does anyone know if this bios update will "Open up" the clock speed setting, going through the bios I cant actually even "See" the clock speed settings at all! My main goal here is to clock this pc to practice and know what Im doing with these kinds of things, but I'm not willing with my limited bios experience to flash it without knowing I have the right bios for this pc.

Any help or advice is appreciated. If anyone can help thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Jim.
cp
BIOS Guru

my guess: the bios is not capable of setting the FSB by programming the PLL via SMBus because jetway didn't see the point in including options like this into a 'value' product.
search for a jumper that allows you to set the FSB to 133MHz instead of the original 100MHz. this would leave you with a smacky 3.2GHz P4 if the machine boots up at all. oh, and btw. you can not change the multiplier on a P4. not a good system/cpu to start overclocking with...
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

sis645 is absolute budget chipset not capable of any overclock at all so even if you had the setting you could not use it, the board would become highly unstable. from personal experience on another sis645 board BTW...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...