Kobian ( Mercury ) PVT800x-l Has any one got 1?

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
minty
New visitors - please read the rules.

:cry: Hi guys i need the original bios for this motherboard pvt800x-l its made by mercury as i stupidly i flashed it with the wrong bios it still works but always resorts back to default kobian website is crap :cry: and they dont respond to my emails and i cant find a bios anywhere any help would be much appriciated :roll:

Its p4 socket 478 with a via chipset
Denniss
BIOS Guru

http://www.mercury-pc.com/

Try to find a Bios or ask their support (if existing)
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

What do you mean "always resorts back to default"??? If you don't punctuate occasionally, it makes it hard to understand your run-on sentence there...
minty

2 replies already thanks!!!
Ive already been too there website, (kobian)and(mercury)
no joy there and there support is Almost non existant.
The bios resorts to defaults every time i change them
before windows boots up (I flashed with pc chips varient of the same board i think they originaly made it)
thanks for the help guys any one have a pvt800x-l i can have a copy of the bios from? thankyou
ruelnov
Master Flasher

I wonder if this reverting back to default CMOS settings every boot up is a common issue for PCChips boards. These boards cannot seem to retain your last saved CMOS settings, including Date & Time.

I've got 2 PCChips boards with this same problem (LM756 series) and the problem stays there even if CMOS battery is replaced with brand new one, even if the BIOS chip is replaced with known good one, or even if you flash the BIOS with other variant image files.

Can somebody please shed light on this issue?
minty

Yes i think you are right!!!! i just found out the mercury board pvt800x-l is a rebadged pc-chips M952 PCB:V1.3b (I removed the pvt800x-l sticker from the motherboard and underneath was the proof lol)
so i flashed with the correct bios and its resorting too defaults any more ideas anyone is there a problem with pc chips bios updates or is it a corrupt flash?
ruelnov
Master Flasher

It's not a corrupt flash if your PC is able to boot, but there seems to be an issue with these PCChips boards being unable to retain CMOS settings.