Looking for Full BIOS for OEM FIC AZ31 (Compaq UWave Board)

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
rabbit6000
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi all,

I am wondering if anybody can help me out.

I am looking for a BIOS upgrade for my Compaq motherboard (Model : UWAVE) which is actually an OEM version of the FICA AZ31. The Upgrades from compaq do not allow access to all settings.

FICA only has the BIOS update for PCB ver 1.2 , the compaq version is PCB 1.3 I do not want to attempt to perform this update without knowing if it will work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Roger
rabbit6000@hotmail.com
Hardware Junkie
Mobo-Fu Master

There is no way of knowing whether or not this will work. What I can tell you is that the chip and board were not altered in anyway. The BIOS was just flashed with the Compaq version.
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier
sulbert
Master Flasher

Bought the same board recently (it was really cheap :) ). I read in some kind of forum (don't remember, where), that it's not possible to replace the BIOS. If it hadn't a soldered BIOS chip, I would would verify it myself. Maybe wcpredit will allow you to change settings that Compaq doesn't want you to change...
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

If the chip is soldered, it's really bad. Otherwise it's worth trying BIOSes (I recommend Award only) for various boards with the same chipset and Super I/O chip.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
sulbert
Master Flasher

I think I will try to replace the BIOS with the FIC AZ31 one (and then report the results here; and if I fail, I have a good opportunity to improve my soldering skills :) ).