Do I need A bios update

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
misspepsie
New visitors - please read the rules.

:?: I have a Gateway 2000 G6-180 the serial # is 5813758 it only has 7 digits because it is so old i contacted Gatway and they said the system was so old they dont have any support for it my problem is when i boot the computer i get a system board device resource conflict press f1 to go to setup or press esc to boot when i press esc it boots just fine no problems i have win98 running on it so i look in the device manager and no problem there i can start it in dos then type win and it starts fine with no error i have looked inside and nothing is loose. So i am wondering do i need a bios update if so where can i find one and where can i find some support for this computer.
It has:
Intel Pentium Pro processor
180mhz
128mb ram
2.37gb harddrive
KachiWachi
The New Guy

Sounds like you just need to hit F1 and reset something in the BIOS.
misspepsie

Thanks for trying to help i have looked in the bios and reset the defaults and still no change also went back and tried diff changes and still the same . Any ideals what i might need to change or what the setup need to be set at. i can restart in dos type win and it loads just fine.
KachiWachi
The New Guy

Did you add a new card or something? Has it always done this?

Sounds like the BIOS can't adjust the resources, but once Windows loads, it takes care of the problem. Look in the BIOS for PnP related items.
misspepsie

Thanks it was the parallel printer port in cmos i had to disable. Thanks again! :wink:
KachiWachi
The New Guy

NP. Glad you got it working! :D