Need Help: BIOS Upgrade Problem

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
LiBeRaTe
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello,

Here's my dilemna. I have numerous OSs, including Windows 98, XP, a Windows ME Recovery Disk (I hate these things - just give me the damn disk) from when I first bought my computer, Linux Red-Hat, Slackware, etc. Now, I can't use any of my Linux distros, because I have a stupid winmodem. My Windows 98 is not detecting my modem, and all attempts to force it too have failed. My WindowsXP setup disk is freezing at the "Setup is loading Windows" screen, and my Windows ME Recovery Disk is claiming that the image I'm attempting to restore is not valid on my machine (no shit, i thought that's what the whole idea of a recovery disk was :o).

Okay, so I know that when this happens, it's usually a BIOS error. Specifically, the DMI is corrupted. The one sure way of curing this is to flash your BIOS. I got the flash upgrade, and attempted to flash, and this is where I run into more trouble. I reboot my computer, and the screen is blank, and the dredded rapid beeps start going. Most guides and that have suggested that it can't get past the POST stage, and that's fine and well, but unfortunately, that doesn't help me. What can I do to just get back to a place where I can flash my BIOS properly? I used the wrong program (not the wrong flash program, just the wrong flash loader) to flash it, which is probably why it's not working. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

** EDIT **
If I were to put my flashloader and my flash file onto a floppy disk, and then create an autoexec.bat file which runs the necessary commands, would that work in my situation?

Thanks,
LiBeRaTe
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

What board do you have?
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
LiBeRaTe

A Cicero motherboard with a VIA 82C305 Chipset...

I took out one of my sticks of RAM and it no longer beeps at startup, however, the monitor is not showing anything... Any suggestions?
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

What BIOS do you have - AMI or Award (or some other)?
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
LiBeRaTe

I have AwardBios...
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Bios-ID ?