need help updating P88TREMC bios to run xp

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
rowl3y
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi there,

i have P88TREMC laptop but i car't update the bios when i run the program in dos get an error
here is where i get the bios from http://www.twinhead.com/tsd/Ftp/p88t/P88tftp.htm

Where i sin some where on here

but i get error

i wanna run xp but the aspi or somthink like that come up with an error saying need to update bios
Repo Man

The BIOS on that page appears to be the answer to your problem. You will need to determine which of the two (the 246K or 239K) is the correct one for your machine. Once you have done that, go to www.bootdisk.com and get the BIOS flash DOS bootdisk image. Then unzip the files to the DOS bootdisk.
shg

i tried to 'phlash' the new rom image and it just comes back with a rom image error :cry:
shg

BIOS flash DOS bootdisk image

what does that mean???? :(
Repo Man

If you click the link (place your mouse cursor over the blue text and use the left mouse button) it will become clear.
shg

made a me disc as my laptops got me on it - got the bios code tried clicking on it when it was on my desktop and it went into dos mode doing unzip and saying everything was ok then tried to do xp update and when it gets ready to install it comes back with message saying not acpi compliant.

clicked on the Phlash thing and it came up with bios rom error

tried this from boot disk and get same bios rom error

HELP!!!
Repo Man

A WinMe bootdisk has excess baggage that isn't wanted for BIOS flashing. Click on the above link and get the DR DOS bootdisk image, and use it to format a floppy. Since you do not seem to have any other way of determining which of the two offered your laptop needs, try each of the BIOS. One of them will work. Unzip the files to the DR DOS floppy, and boot from the floppy. If you get a BIOS ROM error, try the other BIOS file (you'll have to exit the utility and restart it).