Need original BIOS for Anigma 586, AMI BIOS

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
wwright
New visitors - please read the rules.

Original system was flashed with the wrong BIOS I believe.
The Old BIOS was: AMI ver. 0AAES045
It was flashed with: AMI ver 0AAES054
And no Back-up was created or saved...
Now the machine will boot up to a floppy but that is it...
When I put a CD in, it will boot for about 5sec and then just freeze.
The only id string is as follows:
51-00-0648200-00101111-071595-I430TX-0AAES054-5
This Machine was made by Gateway and I contacted them with absolutely no help from technical support.
Anigma told me to contact Gateway....so you can see my problem.
If I could get ahold of the original BIOS I think it would flash back to the original.
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.....
I am completely frustrated at this point.....
Anxiously awaiting your replys....
Thanks
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

First I think you need to identify the board. It may be a slog, but there is a lot of information at the Gateway site.
Does your board or system have a product code label or marking on it anywhere along the lines of "250131" or "MBDSAC124ADVWV?
Does it have BIOS recovery jumpers like the picture at http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERBD/I ... 0509.shtml
wwright

NickS wrote:First I think you need to identify the board. It may be a slog, but there is a lot of information at the Gateway site.
Does your board or system have a product code label or marking on it anywhere along the lines of "250131" or "MBDSAC124ADVWV?
Does it have BIOS recovery jumpers like the picture at http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERBD/I ... 0509.shtml
I searched the Gateway site with a Gateway tech...and yes it is like the one in your link...I could not find the code you referenced...but I do have a serial#LMXA33972CY.
The Gateway website has no support for this machine anymore. They said it outdated. The machine was bought in '97.
I could not find the Bios for it at all on the Gateway site
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Did the Gateway tech recognise the board ?
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

OK, a bit more digging....
The 0AAES045 BIOS is listed at http://y2k.nstl.com/html/Gateway_y2k_compliant.html as being for the Lawman/Gman series of Gateway motherboards; but so is the 0AAES054 BIOS.

Interestingly, there are two copies of the v054 BIOS update disk image, of different sizes, at Gateway's full BIOS listing depending on whether it is G-man or Lawman. I wonder whether it's worth trying the "other one" to the one you flashed ?
By the way, did you clear CMOS after flashing ?
wwright

NickS wrote:OK, a bit more digging....
The 0AAES045 BIOS is listed at http://y2k.nstl.com/html/Gateway_y2k_compliant.html as being for the Lawman/Gman series of Gateway motherboards; but so is the 0AAES054 BIOS.

Interestingly, there are two copies of the v054 BIOS update disk image, of different sizes, at Gateway's full BIOS listing depending on whether it is G-man or Lawman. I wonder whether it's worth trying the "other one" to the one you flashed ?
By the way, did you clear CMOS after flashing ?
I am not sure if I cleared the CMOS can you give me some instruction???Thanks....And for the Motherboard the tech said it was an Anigma 586 motherboard. I could also try the "other one". I am thinking that those two Bios are the incorrect BIOS for this board. But the first one OAAES045 is what was on here....
Anxiously awaiting your reply....
and again Thank you for the help....
Wade
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Apologies for the delay - it has been a busy week :?
Clearing CMOS - usually there is a jumper which you use by changing its position for a few seconds, but sometimes there is no jumper and you must remove the battery for a while.
Gateway 2000 acquired Anigma, Inc. in 1992
as part of its effort to recruit Jim (Collas) as a Gateway executive.