need ROM for a eMachines T6534

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
jbeazell
New visitors - please read the rules.

So, I did two bad things over the past weekend :

first, I attempted to flash my emachines T6534 with the native MSI BIOS (the board is actually a K8NGM2-L -- although the board is printed with K8NGM2-H -- model # 7207). This caused all sorts of problems. I'm able to get the machine too boot, now, but the onboard video is dead, and my onboard network adaptor doesn't quite work. The system boots, and is stable enough, but I'd like to get the correct ROM back in there.

Does anybody have a ROM for an eMachines T6534??

my second bad thing is that while performing this 'upgrade' I used a boot CD to flash it. I accidentally left this boot CD in my other MSI-boarded computer, and it blew away the entire BIOS, including the boot block. I've attempted the BIOS recovery using a floppy and a ROM titled AMIBOOT.ROM while holding down CTRL+HOME, but the system doesn't even read the floppy. I"m assuming that my bootblock has been blown away. Is there anything that I can do to restore this machine? The mother board is an MSI K9N6SGM-V (model # 7309).

Thanks!

-Jason
jbeazell

so.. I read through the FAQ, and I've seen something that many google attempts have not yet found:

27. My BIOS is dead, and I can't get my floppy drive to work to do a boot-block flash ?
Plug an ISA Multi-IO card, connect your floppy drive there, and flash your BIOS again, this time with one that really is for your motherboard.

this is brilliant, but I don't have any ISA slots on this MOBO. Will a PCI IO card work? If so, do they even make them anymore? I have an Ultra ATA PCI card, but it has no floppy connections on it. I wonder if plugging that in, and trying to boot from a bootable CD with the rom on it might work?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

-Jason
jbeazell

Nevermind, I found one...

thanks.
admin
Site Admin

so did you manage to get your systems working again ?