NVIDIA FLASH

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
JerryDaniel
New visitors - please read the rules.

I downloaded nvidia flash, but when I pull up information on this Bios, it is: NVIDIA "TNT2", Model M64. The NVIDA Flash program that I have is not letting me make a back-up copy of the existing Bios. I believe that I do not have the correct flash program, or at least not the (TNT2 Model) correct version. Does anyone know, or have the "TNT2" Model version of this NVIDIA Bios? :?:
LifeStealer

Do you need to flash it? There isn't anything you can do with a bios update that can't be done with a softmod update. Bios flashing will only make it permenant, or until the card dies... I wouldn't risk the flash
soupy
Absentee administrator

And if you DO indeed have a TNT2 M64, there's no point anyway.
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
JerryDaniel

Ok, I understand not flashing if you don't need to..., however I have never flashed a Bios and I could use the experience. The problem probably is not the Bios at all anyway, but it gives me an excuse to have the experience of doing it for when I really need to... *The problem that the computer is having, is that any time it tries to engage "any" drivers, such as initializing Windows, it completely freezes up. It may not be a Bios problem at all, and I am sure that you guys know if it is or not, but the computer is useless anyway, so I thought what the heck, flash the Bios and see what happens. *Also had a quick question for Soupy: You replied: "And if you DO indeed have a TNT2 M64, there's no point anyway." Because I don't know a lot about Bios Models and numbers, and for that matter where to even locate them, (however this site has help a great deal with the information about all of this...) it sounds, from your reply, that if it is indeed a TNT2 M64,;;; That it is out of date or something... I don't understand your comment completely; I was just wondering if you don't think it would be worth the trouble flashing, if it is this Model?... Thanks for everyones help, and "continuing education" in this little problem... Jerry