Pegatron M2N78-LA BIOS Update Issue

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
noname09
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi guys,

After updating the BIOS on my crappy HP computer, the CPU fan constantly speeds up once every one or two minutes.
HP wouldn't help, the only way is to order their replacement motherboard, they said.

Do you have any idea about how I can revert the BIOS back to previous version?

This is the link to the download page, my operating system is Windows 7 64.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/soft ... ct=4006029

I appreciate any input from you.

BTW, my computer model is p6214y.

Thank you.

PS: I can't find a way to change fan speed in SpeedFan either.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Please load Setup Defaults in Bios. Search for a Smart Fan control or similar option. This should be set to Enabled or Auto. IF a target temperatur is set, you may want to try setting it higher by some degrees.
sanity2lose
New visitors - please read the rules.

i'm having the exact same issue, but i have a different model with windows 7 64. i've got a HP p6313w with the M2N78-LA Motherboard. downloaded and installed new firmware for BIOS and the fan is crazy and annoying. haven't bothered contacting HP as i know they would give me the run around. cant seem to find an old version of the firmware and i checked at asus and pegatron websites. the motherboard isnt the issue, its this new crapware hp put on their website. the person you spoke with must have been a complete moron.

@Denniss - as far as i can tell, there are no options in bios such as smart fan or anything else. installed speedfan, but option for control of the fan speeds - shows nothing - meaning i can't control the fan. set speedfan to auto and set temp to 20 C, but still nothing (wanted to see if i could control the fan at all by increasing RPMs) - or i may not know to properly use speedfan, i dont know.

please help