Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG - FLASH PROBLEMS

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
runeyk
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi,
I've been trying unsuccessfully to upgrade my bios....I have the necessary files for flashing the bios, and i'm able to boot in DOS (DR DOS), but when I run the flash program, I get 'Insufficient Memory' error message (I have used the 'Tiny' flag in the bios flashing program to no avail). I have read that I could edit the 'config.sys' file to make changes to the memory, but I can't edit the file, I get the same 'Insufficient Memory' error. I've listed the details about my bios and the MB. Any help would be greatly apperciated.

BIOS/MB Info:

BIOS Date: 06/24/05
BIOS Type: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
BIOS ID: 06/24/2005-LakePort-6A79HSX9C-00
OEM Sign-On: Supermicro PDSLA/PDSLE BIOS Rev. 1.0a
Superio: NSC 332 rev 8 found at port 2Eh
CPU Type: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU
CPU Speed: 2800 Mhz
CPU Max: 3800 Mhz
BIOS ROM In Socket: Yes
BIOS ROM Size: 512K
Memory Installed: 1024 MB
Memory Maximum: 4096 MB
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

get the drdos bios flash disk (no drivers) here:
http://www.bootdisk.com

The error message indicates you are loading something like himem.sys or emm386.exe which is bad when bios flashing.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
runeyk

Thanks for your reply, I downloaded the 'drdos bios flash disk', added my necessary bios files (.exe & .bin) and unfortunately the same error that I saw before (Insufficient Memory) shows up again. I'm not sure i'm loading emm386.exe because when I try to run it, I believe it says that this has not been loaded. Any other suggestions?

Thank you
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Did you actually run the bootdisk creator you just downloaded?

This should create a bootable floppy with nothing else loaded than absolutely needed to boot. You should just add the Bios files and a flash prog, nothing more.

What flash program did you use ?
runeyk

Yes I did download and run, but let me mention, that I do not have a floppy drive on my computer, so I had to download the Boot CD version. The flash program is 'awdflash.exe'. Thanks
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

burn the image as an image, not as a file. if you use Nero and burn it as a file and make the CD bootable it will use a boot floppy with emm386 inside which is not what you want.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...