Phoenix Bios 4A4LLOXO.15A.0014.P11 Needed

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
G
New visitors - please read the rules.

I upgraded the bios on a Gateway computer that there web site said was the proper one. I got the old Phoenix bios 4A4LLOXO.15A.0014.P11 flashed with the upgrade one 4A4LLOXO.15A.0023.P18 and it would not get post and hang. After reading some forums I found another person who had the same thing happen and found it was the STB AGPVideo card that was not wanting to work with the new bios. I installed a pci video card in and it worked fine and the old agp card worked in another machine. To no avail Gateway says they only have the new bios version available and I would like to flash it back to the old. If anyone has any info on where I could get or find one of the old version I would appreciate the help. Thank you
G
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Did you clear CMOS (set to default settings) after flashing the bios? This usually solves any hangs and other weird stuff. In the mean time I'll try and find an older version.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
G

Yes I did clear the cmos, from what I have read there have been others that have experienced the same thing and found it to be with with the STB agp video card. I replaced the card with a pci and an agp and they both worked fine. Old agp works in other machines but not gateway. If you find old bios that would be great, I looked every where I could . If not I have everything running again . Thank you for the suggestions.
G
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Right, let's do this in a completely different way then and see if Intel did solve the STB issue:
http://www.motherboards.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5968

Yes, apparently you can flash an Intel bios on the Gateway OEM version of this board. At your own risk ofcourse.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
G

I do not think they did resolve it on the Intel site as this is what I found at
http://support.intel.com/support/mother ... p/AL440LX/
Under Installation and Use
System Hangs With S3-Based Video Adapter

Thanks for all the great ideas.
G