Phoenix Technologies LTD 6.0 - Upgrade required

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
allisjs
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have a e machines T1100 Desktop, with an Phoenix Technology LTD 6.00 Bios. I beleive the manufacturer is Intel Whitney. Tried to find an upgrade for the Bios so that I can move form Win98 to Win XP but can find any information regading an upgrade ..can you help? Tks john :( :(
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

We could do with some more numbers, something like:
31571.DO.0000.D.0009061530
Try using BIOS agent to find out more about the BIOS and report back. Intel Whitney is a chipset, it could be a TriGem motherboard.
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
allisjs

Nick,

I tried running the Bios Agent, but it simply does not work. I geta DOS window, and the error message says - Sharing Violation - and simply hangs. Is there another way of running the BIOS Agent ? ie in DOS maybe?

John
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

I don't know for certain, I'd try it in DOS if you can. There are other things which may work in a DOS box, such as the German-language utility ctbios by Andreas Stiller, or you may get some information using SiSoft Sandra, or you may be able to spot this string of numbers on boot-up.
allisjs

NIck, It worked so here is the info I got
Bios date: 08/29/01
PCI-BIOS gefunden: Version 2.10
Konfig - Mech : 1
Special Cycle-Mech : 0
PCI- Busse : 2
32B-BIT-PCI-BIOS: Revision 0
Pheonix Bios : Version 5 for Intel
OEM : Intel

The reason I need this Bios is to uprade form win98 - to win XP, so do you know where I can obtain an upgrade. many Thanks for your help.

John
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

We're still not getting what we need to identify the board, i.e. that string of numbers along the lines of
31571.DO.0000.D.0009061530
Taking another angle on it, looking at emachines parts website says the motherboard for the T1100 is
Anaheim-3 810 Rev. F - motherboard
and there's a bad picture:
ImageThere's a better picture at this useful site: http://www.e4all.info/Click on Anaheim-3 on the menu - they say there are several versions of the board, so you do need to get an ID before flashing a BIOS.
Must do some work now, I'll check in later.
allisjs

Tried the sites but still cant get the Bios string. Bios Agent wont work for some reason. When my machine boots up, I dont see the string and info, just get the win98 screen. How do I disbale this so I can see the Bios ID string on start up. Seems like this is the only way I am going to get the string ID. Tks John
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

On my Fujitsu-Siemens Scenic eD, I hold down F12 and that puts me into the POST screen and gives me a stuck key error. If eMachines disabled this, you don't have a lot of scope for identifying the BIOS that way and you 'll have to rely on physically identifying the board.
Edwin's site has some Trigem Anaheim-3 pages copied from a dead website. Does yours have 3 PCI slots ? If so, it looks like the 304176/304833/305291... maybe Edwin can help when he gets in..
..or maybe your post at Yahoo will bring something in ;)