Please help me flash my Dell Dimension 4600 bios!

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
jordanllgg45
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi there and how are you doing? So here is how this goes. I have a Dell Dimension 4600 with an old bios on it. And the bios date is really old and outdated too like from 2004. So please help me flash my bios for me, step-by-step. Because I would really appreciate that from you a lot! But what I really think is that I have to flash my bios on the Dell website, and I have to find the right bios update version that I want to pick and install. But there are two installation options to choose from here. There is a floppy format, and a Non- Packaged format. So which installation should I choose here? This is where I get stuck here. But the main problem is that I have no idea on how to flash it. Just in general, I have not a clue on how to flash my bios. So get back to me as soon as possible, and explain to me on how to do this bios procedure. Also, my processor is a Pentium 4, without hyperthreading right now because it's only single-cored at the moment. But my Dell Dimension 4600 is supposed to have hyper-threading on it already. I tried to enable it in my bios, but it wasn't there. I just couldn't find it, oh well. But I would really enjoy my computer to be a little bit faster, so I can enable my hyper-threading and use my computer a whole lot faster then just being single cored. You know what I'm saying? Well anyway, that's all I want to know from you. So don't forget to get back to me as soon as you can. And let me much more about this important info. I will be waiting for my response from you very soon! Thank you very much. :cry: :? :x
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

The Dell website support section is actually giving you the information you need when downloading the bios update, it will show you how to proceed. If that information is not sufficient, consider a knowledgable friend to proceed this update for you.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...