Set Bios to fail safe settings.. Now PC is extremely slow

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
dce21b
New visitors - please read the rules.

I was messing around with my bios settings and reset them to fail safe settings. What a bad idea, I have tried everything even a system restore even though i know that has no effect on the bios.

I have a msi k8t neo 2 motherboard amd 3200 processor 1 gig of pc3200 ram bfg 6800 gt video card and i forget my type of hard drive. Its an ameritrends bios i dont know the exact ver. Im at work right now.

Also when i rebooted it said it couldnt find my sata drivers when i finally got into windows. So i used MSI auto finder thing to reinstall all my motherboard drives the sata reinstalled but still my pc is slow

How can I find the best settings for my system. Setting bios to optimized defaults also had no effect. I didnt put the system together and i dont know what the guy had the bios set to.

I would like to learn myself how to fix this I know its something stupid and would like to learn instead of payng someone to fix something i can do myself.

Please
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Setting bios to optimized defaults also had no effect.
It should improve things a bit when you save&exit as well.

I suspect your sata controller is still on legacy/combined/compatible instead of optimized. Check that. It's also possible the system was overclocked when you got it.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...