System cannot reboot after BIOS down grade.

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
xbai
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have a Dell dimemsion desktop with Intel Desktop Board VC820 motherboard. I recently downgraded the BIOS from A08 to A00 (don't ask me why, it was stupid, but Dell's website didn't say I couldn't do that.), now I am getting "CMOS/GPNV Checksum Bad" error, I was able to get into the BOIS setup screens, but after I reset it back to default setting, it will reboot and stuck after recongized the HD. I tried to load the latest BIOS back from the floppy by having the floppy in while booting, it only scans it but not loading the program.
Is this really bad, there is no way to recover it? I look through Intel's website, about flash recovery, I don't see the jumper on this motherboard.
Any help, ideas are welcome! Thank you in advance.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

xbai wrote:I have a Dell dimemsion desktop with Intel Desktop Board VC820 motherboard........ I look through Intel's website, about flash recovery, I don't see the jumper on this motherboard.
Any help, ideas are welcome! Thank you in advance.
If you've looked on the Intel website and found http://support.intel.com/support/mother ... _confg.htm and cannot identify the jumper, are you sure that it is really a VC820 ?
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"