Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
#57004 by M325i
Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:07 am
Hi,
I'm trying to update my BIOS, i have the BIOS ID, i copied it exactly as it was displayed when the computer boots up. The BIOS ID is as follow:

Award Software BIOS v4.51PG
07/28/2000-693-596-W977-2A6LGXJ9C-00
Energy Star Ally
VIA chipset VT82C693A

I cannot find any information about who made this motherboard, (name of manufacturer) I searched on this site (and many others) and came very close to finding the manufactuer's name but there is no motherboard company name that starts from "XJ". I don't know what else to do so i've come to the pro's, please help me because my BIOS desperately needs updating, it's almost 11 years old.

I also search on Google and found that some other people have experienced the same problem and cannot find the motherboard's name or manufacture even the people who have the manual for the board. (i do not have the manual) They say that all the other info is stated in the manual but no manufacture name. I'm starting to think that it's a fake, knockoff or cloned motherboard if there is such a thing, because i can't find the name anywhere and I've been trying for about a week now.