Update needed for PhoenixBios

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
robbie
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi everybody

I was hoping that you could help me. :cry: I have a Micron PC, with PhoenixBios 4.0 Realease 6.0 (4S4EB2X0.05A.0003.P02) 11/19/98.
Intel motherboard SE440BX-2.

No matter where I look, nothing to find. On the Intel site, when I look up the board there is an update which name is 4S4EB2X0.86A.0024.P17.
Is it ok to use that one :?: :?:

I was increasing my RAM, bought a new 256MB CL2,133MHz but get failure during startup, and was hoping that a Bios update would do something :?:

Please help me :lol:
Best regards
Robbie
sulbert
Master Flasher

robbie wrote: I was increasing my RAM, bought a new 256MB CL2,133MHz but get failure during startup, and was hoping that a Bios update would do something :?:
Is it a single-sided or a double sided memory stick?
robbie
New visitors - please read the rules.

When you talk about double sided, do you mean that IC´s are on both sides?? There are only IC´s on one side.
sulbert
Master Flasher

robbie wrote:When you talk about double sided, do you mean that IC´s are on both sides??
Yes, that's what I meant (I know that's actually not correct but most of the people understand it that way).
robbie wrote:There are only IC´s on one side.
Then upgrading BIOS won't help. You need a 256MB stick that has IC's on both sides. There's a nice FAQ concerning memory support of Intel BX-based boards here.