No USB after BIOS upgrade?

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
Textbook
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello, I know some stuff about computers, so this is a strange thing - it doesn't make sense to me. I have been working on a project at work that requires booting from USB. The computer I use is a Systemax with an Intel Desktop Board D845GERG2. The BIOS I used was version p10. I enabled USB Legacy Mode and was able to see my USB Flash Drive in the Hard Drive Configuration. I set the BIOS to boot from USB, and it "kind of" did. It would boot up to a j/ with a flashing underscore. I couldn't type anything in and it would not get past that screen. I tested my USB flash drive in my home computer, and it booted just fine, so I know it wasn't the boot files on the drive. It had to be a hardware/BIOS issue. So...I go to Intel's site and get the latest BIOS upgrade (v17) and upgrade the BIOS. Everything goes fine, everything works EXCEPT

-I can not see any USB devices at all with the new BIOS

Before, I could see the devices, but they had trouble booting. Now, after the upgrade, I can't even see the USB devices. I have set all the USB settings correctly to no avail. Intel's support costs $25 and I doubt they would be able to fix the problem. Anybody know how a BIOS upgrade could make it so I can't see USB? Or better yet, does anybody know how to fix the problem? Thanks.
KURIAKI

P14-0026 (Production 14, build 0026)
About This Release
· February 18 2003
· RG84510A.86A.0026.P14.0302180920
· Core Baseline version 01.03.00
· VBIOS build 2759
· UNDI 4.1.09 / Gbit UNDI 1.1.09
New Fixes/Features:
· Updating PXE UNDI ROM to 4.1.09.
· Added support to boot from USB flash devices.
But I can't find the file:
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts ... sType=prev
More than 100,000 BIOS strings in my database just now!
http:/ /www.kuriaki.has.it/
http:/ /www.supportbios.info
------------------------------------------
Saludos desde Cancun, Mexico
KURIAKI
Textbook

Tried updating the BIOS to v15, 16, and 17 and still no USB. It doesn't even look at my USB drive at all. The led on the flash drive never lights up, it is like it completely refuses to look for it. I don't understand this. The USB works perfectly, even on the same port within Windows.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

In the boot section, did you manually include the USB option? You need to explicitly set it up I think, can't quite remember, it's been I while since I saw one...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Textbook

Yeah, I think I have everything set up correctly. I have USB Legacy Mode Enabled and the speed set to FullSpeed (also tried HighSpeed). Boot from USB is Enabled as well. When I go to the boot priority, I can't even select USB from the list, and the USB drive doesn't show up in the Hard Drives Configuration menu. With the older p10 BIOS, it showed up here. Now, I can't see the USB device anywhere in my BIOS.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Did you perform a clear CMOS after the flash? Sometimes that will help.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...