No USB /WinXP: 61-0109-001102-00101111-071595-440LX-1440L000

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
neonovo
New visitors - please read the rules.

So there is no vendor to "Obtain a new BIOS from...". I guess I could run the "Troubleshooting Wizard", but my other guess is it will not fix the BIOS.

So what I will do until such time as I decied to bite-it and get a new MOBO, I will just live w/out a USB and transfer files via the HUB from the PC w/out a USB to the one with it and viceversa.

Anyone thinks that BIOSCentral offer is legit? I would gladly part with $29.95 if their BIOS update did in fact fix my problem.
Paz
stephan_g
BIOS Newbie

neonovo wrote:Anyone thinks that BIOSCentral offer is legit?
According to what I found, some people have bought BIOSes from eSupport and apparently had nothing to complain about in terms of service. But is there really no MPS version control available in this AMIBIOS? Changing this setting would be cheaper...

Since you mention file transfers, USB (and 1.1 at that) is just about the last thing I'd use for that. You can get used Intel 100 MBit NICs for a song (or little more) these days - at least the two PRO/100 S I bought recently were very affordable, only required turning off the Flash ROM - and these will give better throughput and far less CPU load.
KachiWachi
The New Guy

Have you tried W2K on this board...if you have a copy available?
neonovo
New visitors - please read the rules.

But is there really no MPS version control available in this AMIBIOS?

Sorry it took me a while to get back...but life happens. Got married. Kid due next month (girl)...:)

Now...where would I find the MPS version control? Do I got into SETUP and look for it? Maybe I'll do just that.

Thanks

Neonovo
Paz