uwave oem FIC AZ31

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
bill sig
New visitors - please read the rules.

Trying to flash the BIOS won't work because the guardian is on. Nothing I can find to disable it or if there is a generic password they used to lock it at Compaq. Don't want to try a new EEProm, but would like to flash to get more options than boot sequence and a couple others they let users access. Looks like a pretty good (older) MOBO if you could get in.
zonxar
Master Flasher

Here is what FIC has to say about this:

http://www.fic.com.tw/support/motherboa ... .aspx#tips

Hope this helps!

:)
bill sig
New visitors - please read the rules.

When I boot using the del key, it asks for a password. All the standard, (blank, password, administrator, admin, etc) are NOT accepted, so I can't shut off the moronic BIOS gaurdian option to get to where I can flash the BIOS. As an aside, I've had 2 HDD (both40 Gig) die while connected to this board. They boot, regularly, then within a week or 2, they start not booting?BIOS can't find them, until you reboot several times, and finally they won't boot at all and then they're dead. Hooking them to another computer doesn't help, and I figured out finally (by holding them during the boot sequence) that they are not spinning. Could the board be cooking them?