Various Issues regarding ASUS A7N8X Deluxe

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
Sidareus
New visitors - please read the rules.

I am having several odd problems with my motherboard and video card. First up, I have an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro, and its driver options say that my motherboard supports AGP modes, 1x 2x 4x, and is currently set to 2x. Now in my BIOS its set to 8x Support Enabled... any thoughts? Second, I am having a crash/freeze/blue screen of death issue that recurrs after about 15 - 20 minutes of play in any 3d engine game. Everything will be fine, then suddenly it will just freeze everything but the mouse... the cursor will continue to move for about 30 secs, then a system beep will occur and then it too will freeze. The other scenario that occurs in the same situations is the screen goes black, once it went windows crash blue, but no information was displayed... the speakers screech random gibberish for a moment then the system just reboots. I think I've nailed down what might be a cause of this... I stupidly enabled the FSB Spread Spectrum option before having any clue what it was for... I have since been reading up and found out it can cause exactly this kind of instability, unfortunately, the setting refuses to unset. any setting change is immediately set back to 0.50% upon moving to even another item on the same screen. I have flashed my bios to several different versions available from the asus web site 1001G is what it came with out of the box, I have since used 1002 Beta 3, and 1002. Same issues persist. I'm not entierly sure if you need more info than I've given you about my hardware config... I'll get what more I can if you need it...

Thanks in Advance...
Sidareus

flashing back to 1001.G allowed me to set the FSB Spread Spectrum option back to disabled... YAY! and that seems to be alleviating the crash issues... anyone have any thoughts on the agp misset though?
Sidareus

crash bug is inexplicably back... %*^$(%*^&%(* guess it wasn't the SSM thing... any other ideas?