WANTED::Latest BIOS Update For CTX EzBook 700E

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
TDJ
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello All,

I recently bought a CTX EzBook 700E and am in need of the latest BIOS update which I believe is sub-version 1.23.12. I've searched on the web but so far no luck. Would someone happen to have it and be so kind as to email it to me at tdjrabbit@aol.com ?

TIA,

TDJ
TDJ

Still searching for a newer BIOS for this CTX EzBook 700E. My current one is 1.18.00m so anything newer than that would be great since I'm having trouble with it reading CD's and power management issues in Win98SE which I understand later BIOS updates corrected these issues. I've searche Google and this board and all links I find are dead so any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

TDJ
cwsumner

There is some stuff here...
http://www.ctxintl.com/support/download ... series.zip

or this to see the page,select drivers...
http://www.ctxintl.com/support/download/

also some stuff here, it looks like what is on the CD...
ftp://ftp.ctxeurope.com/drivers/notebook/
Some info I got here and there...

ES1869 is the sound board.
SUSDISK.exe sets up the hidden disk partition for bios/system use.
Torisan is the CD ROM drive.

xd-vga and 56K modem sound easy enough.

So the bios is probably the V90flash, but that is just a guess.

There is a system CD around, but all it has is more drivers.
TDJ

Hey cwsumner,

Thanks for the info.....unfortunately no BIOS update there...just drivers (some of which I had been needing), The v90Flash is to flash the modem that came with the 700E to v .90. So I'm still looking for the latest BIOS update for the 700E if anyone out there has it or knows where I can get it.

Thanks again!

Tony.
cwsumner

The other message from Rainbow said the file was "123_12.exe". Check with him and see if he still has it.

My CTX Ezbook 700e has a bios 1.01(2482-00) sub-version 1.23.12. But I don't have the rom file anywhere.
TDJ

cwsumner wrote:The other message from Rainbow said the file was "123_12.exe". Check with him and see if he still has it.

My CTX Ezbook 700e has a bios 1.01(2482-00) sub-version 1.23.12. But I don't have the rom file anywhere.
Thanks for the info. I've emailed Rainbow asking if he still has it by chance, but no reply as of yet.

TDJ
grexicans

Is it possible to set the ctx 700e to boot from the cd-rom? My Mother has one and wants to put 98se on it. Unfortunately I can't be there to help her do it as she's in Chicago and I'm in Sydney, Australia.

If anyone can send me a list of steps to achieve this, I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Rick
octopad

Grexican,

To change the boot device on a CTX 700e, press the keys Ctrl-Alt-S all at once after the bios checks the memory and devices on reboot.