Zida Tomato TX100 need bios update

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
kimee
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi, i just bought 30 pieces Zida Tomato TX100 motherboards.

I realized that default bios t100108e cant handle usb, all linux and windows versions crash when using integrated usb i believe it is ide and usb irq problem.

Could anyone update bios to enable use of ide irq setting or some other way to get integrated usb working?

here is link to bios file http://www.elhvb.com/mobokive/Archive/Z ... index.html

i got modules extracted with AMIBCP75 but i dont understand japanese or chinese with hexedit to read it in unicode, it is all japanese or chinese.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

http://www.vidadesign.com/zida/simchi/support/faqs.htm
Q7. I have a Tomato-board TX100 ver: 1.01 S/N 12386115. Please tell me which is the most powerful / efficient processor I can use ( I would prefer an AMD ). Please tell me if it is windows 2000 compliant or is a bios or driver update necessary?

A7. It can support up to K6-2 500MHz CPU by using Windows 98 SE .It need use laster BIOS 1.08.

We suggest you don't use windows 2000 system.It may have some instabilility. The PCI VGA can't complete compatible windows2000.
you can bet XP won't work very well either. this is a hardware problem, no bios upgrade is going to solve that.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
kimee

it is problem using integrated usb on motherboard, if i turn integrated usb on then harddisk starts failing and i cannot install any system, no linux, no windows, even windows booting 98se bootdisk and running msd (microsoft system diagnostic) msd crashes pc too if using integrated usb..
Already installed win98se wont boot if using motherboard's integrated usb!

i noticed with AMIBCP75 i could turn on the use of ide irq but option is disabled and i cannot change it to enabled..

Some bios modification to irq's must solve the problem..

I am newbie with bios modding, but if anyone could mod bios to enable use ide irq option so then i think it solves the problem.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Have you tried another board and another power supply?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
kimee

I have tried with 3 motherboards, all of them have same bios: ver. 1.08 (000629)
i have tried many settings but none seems to work.. and another thing.. with some linux distributions using motherboard integrated usb there cames weird ide_intr ide interrupt when booting linux livecd.. that's how i thought that usb and ide are in same irq or something else..
kimee

i have 3 pc:s with same TX100 motherbpards and different powersupplies.
same problem with integrated usb