k7vta3 rev3.1 bios n/a

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
sarmas
New visitors - please read the rules.

well, i bought a ecs k7vta3 rev3.1 mb, and it seems like it came with a non programmed bios. bios for this mainboard are not available on ecs.com.tw site (only for 3.0x versions). i've tried all 3.0x but none of it worked. i'm trying not to waste a lot of time sending the mainboard back to the store. so if any of you has a rev3.1 bios please send it to me.

thanks!

Sérgio
soupy
Absentee administrator

Send it back.
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

ECS has Bios usable on all 3.x K7VTA3
If I remeber correct these Boards have a Bios Flash protect Jumper or Option in Bios - this Jumper/Option has to be set to disabled to enable flashing Bios
If Jumper please verify the correct setting with the printing on your board - ECS often has some kind of configuration errors in their manuals for this Jumper
http://www.ecs.com.tw/download/k7vta33x.htm
sarmas

well, so much for nothing. i'm allready typing this with a new mb 8) up and runin!
thank guys, for such a quick help ;) . my new board is a rev3.1 and it has a 3.0d bios version, so like Denniss said 3.0d is for rev3.1. but the damaged board was allways refusing 3.0d version. well, it was damaged, wasn't it?

thanks again! see ya!

sérgio
Denniss
BIOS Guru

What do you mean with "refusing 3.0d" ?
Was it not possible to install this Bios or was 3.0d installed but not running ?
sarmas

confusion...
let me explain it.
with the damaged board my pc just made some sounds and just asked for floppy. screen was blank.
i've made several start up floppies with all the bios versions. i could'nt see a thing but the floppy drive read them all. no bios was still available . so i thought the mainboard was refusing all the bios versions. thats why i thought those bios in ecs site were not made for this board. now that i know they were for this board i don't know what was happening, since i´ve made start up floppies correctly (i've allready solved a problem like this in the past with another computer). so, now what i really think is that the bios was really physically damaged. all i can do is just think about what was the problem cause i had no video available to see what was hapening when i inserted the floppies.

for you denniss: couldn't install any bios and there was no bios installed on mainboard. the chip was there but was possibly physically damaged. but bios version 3.0d was meant to be for rev3.1 mainboard.

sorry if it is a too much detailed message.

bye!

sérgio