Intel D845EGB2 Bad Flash--Can't find ROM file

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
kzad
New visitors - please read the rules.

I had a freeze up during Intel Express Bios Update, computer only comes up to the intel desktop board screen, shows bios identifier code,(PT 84520A.86A.0013.P07) but goes no further. From everything I've read I should be able to recover this bios, all I need is the ROM file. I've downloaded the flash update from Intel but can't find the ROM file. Any help would be greatly appreciated----

Kyle
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Please read your manual about Bios Recovery Procedures on your Mainboard and which files are needed
Your board should have a recovery jumper
You need a standard Bios Upgrade disk(not express) for your Board downloadable from Intel website
kzad

Per Intel's instructions, I've removed the bios jumper, putting it in "recovery mode", started the computer with the flash update in the floppy. The floppy LED lights, and stays on--I let it go 30 minutes, just stays on. Almost like it can't find the file it's looking for. It's an AMI bios, AMI says when I try to recover it will look for a file called "amiboot.rom", that I should put the correct rom file on floppy, rename it "amiboot.rom", and restart the machine. I'd like to try that, but as I said I can't find a rom file on the flash bios disk. As a correction to my original post, when the computer comes up it gives the following information----

It correctly identifies my video card as G Force 4 TI 4200 64 meg card--
followed by intel deskboard logo--
followed by

PT84520A.86A.0013.P07.0302112018
Intel(r)Pentium 4 processor 2GHz

I'm about out of ideas,
Thanks,
Kyle
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Have you used the Express Update Disk or the standard update disk - the Express Disk should not work with recovery mode
kzad

I tried to recover the bios using the "flash " bios update disk----------
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

And you are using a correctly connected known good floppy/drive/cable combo, tested and verified in another machine?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
kzad

Worked flawlessly, as did the rest of this machine, right up until the bios disaster.
kzad

I've been working on this for days--and I can now answer my own question. Intel obviously had a problem with their last bios update package. Why do I say this?? They have a new bios update, dated TODAY that I downloaded and extracted, this mysteriously worked flawlessly and restored my machine to perfect working condition. Soooo now I have a new board on the way from newegg that I don't even need--

Kyle